Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by headwind15
It really depends on what type of riding you are doing and what is in the range of comfort for you. Generally a velodrome racer (the most extreme handlebar drop) is going to have a lot of handlebar drop, because they want the most power that a low position will let their glute muscles deliver the most power and track races tend to be short. A bicycle tourist (generally the most upright), will tend to be upright, because they are looking for all day riding comfort. Are you road racing? doing criteriums? , Sport riding, doing timed centuries. Competitive events of some type?
with this bike in specific, mostly fast blast type of riding, but there are times where long distance comfort (relatively) will be important too.

I realized that my current setup doesn't give me quite enough handlebar drop to be aggressive enough for the general short distance quick rides I do with the bike. The stem length is good, and ill appreciate the extra rise for longer distance rides, so I'll stay for now. I dont use the bar ends anymore.