View Single Post
Old 12-16-21, 08:41 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Noonievut
Has anyone tried the GK SS in 700x43 on a wheel with inner width of 19, if so, how’s the profile of the tire (in terms of cornering, for example)?
My current wheels have Hydra rims that are 24mm external and 20mm internal. I run 43mm GK SS tires and before that ran 42mm WTB Resolute tires.
As for the profile...its something I have never thought of while riding. I weigh 210, run the tires at 40psi front and 45psi rear, and have honestly never thought about the wheel/tire interface while cornering.
I havent thought about it because I havent needed to.

I think that is the best way to describe how the profile is when cornering...Ive never thought about it. Maybe I corner too slow?...or maybe I dont overthink such details?
If this were something I had to think about when riding, then the profile probably isnt ideal because I will have felt it rolling from under me or something. When riding, I cant see the profile from above and when not on the bike, the unloaded profile is meaningless.

There appears to be an abundance of caution in this thread. A 19mm internal rim can handle a 43mm tire just fine.