cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by kawaray
Yes, I thought those tubes are hard to bend; yet, it is bent on my bike. I feel like if a bump on the road is capable of bending it, then there are lots of different scenarios can be suspected, including the force exerted by the frame arm on my hitch rack I was not really suggesting a fraud in the design, but was thinking that a combination of my loading habit and/or some weird circumstances/behavior of the bike while on the rack could have made the bend. So, I was simply hoping to get some insights from folks who had a similar rack about how they typically load their bikes to avoid any damages to the frame.

I understand that this inquiry is not to liking of some members, so I will retract it.
You're being a little 'tender', this is the internet... LOL!
take what you think is applicable... the reason this works is because you WILL get a broad spectrum of responses...
How to get a bend...
Well, if you are anything like me - I am that guy who always tightens 1/4 turn too much and strips the thread... LOL!
if you bear down on the arm and put ever so light a bend into the TT, time in the rack, over multiple iterations, could progressively put a very slight bend into thin steel tubing.
I have a ton of experience in 'coldsetting' rear triangles of older steel frames - to fit newer hub sizes... 120 to 126, 126 to 130.
It doesn' take a lot of effort to do this cold setting... and once set, it doesn't spring back...
don;t be that 'cold-set' guy - snug is fine, especially if you have decent tire pressure...
Your thread has warned to to NOT be that 'Cold-set' guy.... LOL!
Ride On
Yuri