Old 01-17-22, 07:16 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,993 Times in 2,665 Posts
Yeah so the reason for team cars and NRS (neutral race service) is because those folks are racing professionally, they need new wheels or a new bike quickly because they cannot take the time to fix a flat no matter how little time it may take for a professional mechanic to do it. Anyone not racing does not need to carry wheels just a pump and some tubes and maybe a small multi tool or carry CO2 as well and make it faster.

Carrying an entire wheel set that is fully set up (with cassettes or freewheels and tires and tubes and maybe rotors) for my bike just to go out on a ride is silly, if my wheels are not durable enough to handle a ride I would build wheels that are and if I get a flat I know how to fix it on the road and if I didn't I would literally practice at home which will help immensely.
Likes For veganbikes: