Old 01-23-22, 03:21 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,385 Times in 3,670 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Fantastic conversion! You might share where you got the materials/how you got did the job - and for sure I'd like to know where to pick up a pair of those old-school-looking laces.

DD
Tx!

The laces came with the shoes, put them in stock several (maybe 5 years) ago and finally got around to finding a shoe shop that would do the job.

The shoes, Giro Republics aren't made anymore and are pretty hard to find unless you want the knit fabric ones.

The protective soles used have been around for a long time, I have them put on my cowboy boots for traction and stability.

They are made by Vibram now I think, I found a guy to do them and had a couple of shops decline to do it.

They're just called protective soles, any shoe shop should know what you're talking about.

I'll PM you a couple more thoughts.
Likes For merziac: