View Single Post
Old 10-08-21, 09:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
I sort of contemplate not having bought a spesh turbo vado SL because it's lighter, but I must admit this was a great choice.

Some more points. The front rotor as 160mm is not enough for hard stops, especially at the speed this bike can sustain. 180mm would've been a smarter choice, maybe just for me

The tires are great. I just feel like the bike can handle gravel well and needs less smooth tires for true all terrain riding.

All in all, low end or not, its tuned perfectly for what I need.
The Turbo Vado SL is a neat bike and certainly a really nice light machine. It is probably the next e-bike in the quiver once I have ridden the R+M enough and paid it off.

The brakes on that bike are probably not all that stoppy. I would look at some double piston stuff if you want some better stopping and maybe look at the Magura MDR-P rotors. But yeah most of the bikes in that category are for folks riding more occasionally so while tons of fun not quite the machine we might want as regular cyclists.