View Single Post
Old 09-20-21, 08:48 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
Short of a few track events, cycling has an inherent air of attrition to it. I see that the Superclasico attrition has reached epic levels in our little league, only matched by the level of don'tgiveadamn in this thread. I wish we had something to talk about other than untimely departures.

Dirk de Chablis continues to make moves, earning a stage win at everybody's favorite race Eschborn-Frankfurt. I finished with the laughing bunch and MTBRider somehow managed to sign in and roll through the neutral zone. Everyone else slept in.

My league lead appears unassailable (famous last words). Overall, my poor showing at the line in Frankfurt dropped me out of the top 10%. Honestly, given how the attrition is going across the board, that's probably in the running for the maglia nera of people who are actually still entering stages.

I was working a race this last weekend and saw enough carnage in the men's novice and men's 3/4 races to last me for a while. Here's to a road championship without incident. Fingers crossed.
Likes For slcbob: