Old 09-26-21, 07:33 PM
Bici Veloce

Bikes: 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL7 Dura-Ace Di2, 2022 Cervelo Caledonia-5 SRAM Rival etap AXS, 2019 Specialized Sirrus Elite Alloy, 1977 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2, 85 Bianchi Limited Shimano New 600EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 28 Posts
I picked up a 2022 Caledonia-5 in August with the same tires and DT Swiss 1800 wheels. After 3 flats from in the first few hundred miles, I converted to tubeless. I didn't have any problems breaking the bead while replacing tubes.

I had no problems breaking the bead when I removed the tube and installed the (included with bike) tubeless valves. It was fun watching sealant spew out of the holes as I inflated the tires after conversion. All holes sealed within seconds.

In the past three weeks and 500-600 miles, I would have had four more flats. All but one sealed almost immediately. I picked up a nail that took about a minute to seal as it spewed sealant all over my bike. I aired up and continued on. I carry a tube just in case, but I just added a bacon strip repair kit for some more insurance.

I'm now a big fan of tubeless tires.

Not sure what it is about these Vittoria Rubinos. I put over 4000 miles riding my Specialized Sirrus hybrid the same routes I ride now and only had swap tubes a couple times.
Likes For Bici Veloce: