Old 11-17-22, 11:18 PM
justaguy168 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Uncle, uncle!

Originally Posted by EVlove
. . . and this sells on ebay in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by wrk101
First choice is eBay where you can reach the broadest market. Since you have eliminated that option…. . . . It’s all about finding the buyer (one is out there). In my area, I sell some bikes to collectors, the rest go on eBay. I’ve been selling on eBay for 23 years. Out of probably 20,000 sales, 3 have gone bad. And none have gone really bad.
Originally Posted by EVlove
As for ebay, unfortunately there is a very similar Zeus (in worse shape, admittedly) currently being listed and relisted, on Long Island.
Originally Posted by wrk101
Sadly, in a local market vintage bikes often go for just a fraction of the parts. Do not be surprised if a local buyer ends up parting it out and then tripling his money.
EVlove and wrk101, It seems that selling this involves casting the widest net to catch the niche buyer. I may need to revisit selling on Ebay. This would require more research on avoiding pitfalls. These are the 6 Zeus bicycles I found listed on Ebay right now. Note that all except one are local pickups -- including one in Madrid, Spain!
  1. $2.00 2 bids, local pickup Long Island, NY
  2. $700, ships from TX Campy/DuraAce/Repainted
  3. $999.99 0 bids, local pickup IL
  4. $1,299 local pickup CT
  5. $1,000 local pickup only Madrid, Spain
  6. $1,300 local pickup CA
Originally Posted by StarBiker
I can't believe you can't sell that on NYC CL. Boston CL, or Philly CL. You can post it on on three ya know. And top post every 48 hours.
Isn't that against the CL Terms of Use?

Last edited by justaguy168; 11-17-22 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Add hyperlink