View Single Post
Old 03-29-23, 03:30 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by TennBent

On a side note, from your description, it appears that you did the Tour of Watopia stage on your own. If you had joined one of the scheduled event runs, they automatically switch you from your road bike to the mountain bike, on the fly, as you hit the dirt and then switch back as you exit. It makes things much easier.
It was in a group ride so that's interesting you say that. Some conspiracy by Zwift to keep me from winning? ha ha no chance of that ever happening anyway. Normally I'm not much of a bike switcher and don't really care if I ride a bit of gravel on my Pinarello Dogma F8 but you really feel it doing the jungle route so I changed my bike before I started the ride. I always switch to first person POV when doing group rides so can't say I actually saw the bike I was riding but will see if I have any pic's on my Strava post. If I was on a mountain bike then it was just the usual struggles when I ride and can't blame it on the bike at all