Old 07-03-19, 12:00 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I was postulating as to why they might do it. That's why I was talking about the % grade and how much help the draft is.

It's upsetting to have someone force you make an evasive maneuver because they're coming back in from over the center line or in an area where there isn't space for a third wide rider (road narrows) and you're left dealing with their decision.

Last night I see a center lane divider coming up on the 2 lane road where it would make it tough to fit 3-wide for a 1/4 mile right as this person expects to squeeze back in from their jaunt over the yellow.

Also, when we're in a 2x line.......coming up the middle of the two lines is a bit crap too.
I've never seen this in a group ride even race/rides. Doesn't even make sense logically to burn matches sprinting to the front last min just to be at the front at the start of the hill. What is more common at least around here is to simply try to time your pulls so you're near the front when it starts or it there's a downhill prior use momentum to get around towards the front at the base