View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 03:24 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
@livedarklions,

I think you missed my point there .... we are getting into debating minutia, like the meaning of a figure of speech.

You have decided that a bike is not a car .... well, no one is arguing. I am saying that the laws apply to bike s and cars, even if they are separate .... well the text supports that interpretation .... but if we pick individual sentences and try to cobble together a meaning which suits our argument, we are focused on winning the argument, not finding the facts.

Facts seem to be that neither of us can find exactly where an MUP fits into these road codes, and whether road or sidewalk rules would apply. Facts also seem to be that at no pint is there any mention of a cyclist or the operator of any other sort of vehicle needing to give an audible warning before overtaking .... but that only means that we might not have found one. And for all we know there is a big signboard listing the rules of that Specific MUP at every entrance---i have seen such things so it is not impossible .... but WHO CARES.???

You win. Whether or not you have facts on your side you win. You have picked more nits.

Nits are louse eggs. I hope you raise your cop successfully, and provide them with a good home. Just keep them off the MUPs