View Single Post
Old 11-01-21, 08:45 AM
xroadcharlie

Bikes: 2018 Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 95 Posts
I bought a 2018 Giant Sedona instead of the Sedona DX because I don't want the maintenance of suspension forks every 25 hours, and full service every 200 which requires disassembling the entire unit. Google "suspension fork maintenance" and you'll see why. This is a comfort bike where you sit bolt upright, Try one if you like, The bikes you're looking at have a more neutral seating position.

I think a hybrid like Giant's Escape or Escape Disc would be a better choice. Or if your budget permits, Giant's Toughroad. It's wide tires will make for a decent ride on most surfaces. For really big bumps I just stand up.
Trek and Specialized probably make similar products to those and I would trust them too. Right now the problem might be which ones can you get.

I'll be looking for a step through next time. I'm tired of climbing over either the seat or the crossbar, And for what? I ride for adventure and pleasure and have 0 interest in performance. There are some really sharp step through bikes today so style is not an issue.

Last edited by xroadcharlie; 11-01-21 at 08:53 AM.