MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10176 Post(s)
Liked 5,872 Times in 3,161 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06

So, The closest I have come to dying yet happened today. I was heading down capital landing road south bound. Traffic was non existent. As I approached parkway dr a car approached the stop sign on parkway facing west. The sun was behind her and I was lit up plus wearing white. She could have gone before I got to the intersection and would have had time but she didn’t. Instead she waits til i’ve started crossing to gun her engine and come right at me. I was in spinning at a very high cadence and had no acceleration. My brain did the squirel dance. I didn’t know if I should go backwards or forwards. I was concerned maybe she didn’t see me and when she did she would swerve. Well a second later she is stairing right into my eyes and keeps coming. She never slowed, never made any attempt to avoid me. I think she missed my rear wheel by less than a foot.

What the duck is going on with drivers. Do they not realize they will go to jail if they intentionally kill someone?
With the one potential witness dead?

There’s only legal weapon we have is the civil lawsuit. It’s also important to realize that VA is a contributory negligence state which means that if you are found by the court to be even slightly at fault, you collect nothing. Also, everyone on that jury drives a car…

So yeah, if a driver wants to kill you, they can probably do it with minimal inconvenience.

Sorry to hear about that, anyway!