Old 12-05-22, 06:33 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
No, this is pretty much correct. I live in a pretty congested area. On the rare occasion that a driver actually hangs around after killing a cyclist, the police statement is always a "vehicle impounded for a brake check" or something similar. Most cases locally are always a hit and run because there is no additional penalties added on to a leaving the scene of an accident with injury. There is NEVER and otherwise consequences for when there is no witness other than the drive who would usually use a "I didn't see him" excuse. The drivers NEVER get prosecuted unless there are additional circumstances as noted by Daniel. I see stories of countless motorcyclists killed or injured by drivers who make what is essentially an illegal left turn across the path of an oncoming bike. It's clearly a case of failure to yield right of way, yet the police do nothing. This is the attitude of the cops, if they didn't see an accident or there is no witness to an obvious illegal move by a motorist, they decline to follow up.
Look at his list and then reread your own post. Your list of things that going into charging decisions is completely different than his. I'm not saying that it's automatic that killing someone will automatically result in charges, I'm just sick of him posting this dumb incomplete list over and over.
Likes For livedarklions: