Old 06-17-21, 04:04 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Yeah, the weather in this part of the country (Texas, OK, etc.) turned brutal in June, much worse than usual. A friend who's usually a bike riding machine in summer suffered heat exhaustion this week after only a few miles.

I usually enjoy the heat and often ride or run in midday, but I've had to be much more careful than usual because of the uncommonly high heat and humidity. I watch my heart rate and slow down when it reaches 150 bpm, and try to keep it between 120-150 bpm.

Regarding the pandemic, it didn't really affect me much until March when I suddenly got sick. Not sure whether it was COVID or a relapse of my old pesky autoimmune disorder. I didn't bother with testing for COVID. I got the Moderna injections, had some side effects, but overall feel better now than during April-May.

I rode and worked out as much as usual throughout 2020, although I cut way back on group rides. I quit doing fast group rides, and did only a few casual pace group rides with a few friends between July last year and now.

My weight, BP and HR are all about the same, but I can see from my activities apps that my fitness is declining. I'm suddenly slower and more tired. Not sure whether that's due to illness, age or something else. My doctors aren't interested so I'll have to find another doctor or just get used to it.
Likes For canklecat: