Old 06-22-21, 01:16 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I crashed a week and a half ago and damaged my frame. I sent it off last week for repairs, and I'm starting to think FedEx lost it. There have been no updates since it reached the regional distribution center about 12 hours after I dropped it off.
That sucks.

I bought a used frame to (at least temporarily, until I get reimbursed by the driver's insurance) replace the frame that got wrecked when I got hit a month back. When it arrived, the BB turned out to be stuck in the frame beyond what I could get out with soaking in PB Blaster and a long wrench, so I dropped it off at the shop a week ago. I put some masking tape right above the shell saying it was Italian threaded and would loosen opposite the normal way. They contacted me that night asking if I wanted the BB back, or if it was ok if they destroyed it getting it out of the shell because it was really stuck (I know, that's why I let you do it). I don't have any use for a BB with a 109 mm octalink spindle, so I told them to do what they have to do. Haven't heard back since. I'm hoping it's because it just got pushed back in the queue after they saw it wasn't going to be an easy fix and not that it's irreversibly seized or that they screwed up the bb shell. Kinda want to call them, but I don't want to seem pushy.

Hopefully, yours just got involved in some sort of snag (FedEx celebrating Juneteenth? I don't know), and the tracking will update tomorrow.