Old 06-28-21, 08:27 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
At my track session at Carson on Wednesday, I talked with the aero testing guy who I have not seen since the Covid outbreak. We talked about more testing but he had nothing new to add to my position other than faster legs. However, he had recently been to the tunnel and tested helmets. There was a somewhat of a surprise winner. He had a test helmet and gave it to my wife. Ugh.

She loved it especially the fit. My current helmet is the Giro Selector that is over 10 years old - hard to believe. I pulled the trigger on the new helmet and tried it on Fiesta on Saturday. My initial impression was it fit great, I had excellent forward visibility and it did not cook my head like the Selector which IMO means incrementally more power.

Was it faster? It is hard to tell without running a specific test. We rode our traditional 2x20k TTT hour of power and it felt great the entire time. My wife thought it looked amazing on and matched my bike. I will take that as a win. It will be interesting to see if it shows up in the TdF.
Likes For Hermes: