Old 07-07-21, 08:50 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2636 Post(s)
Liked 3,150 Times in 1,658 Posts
Decided to pull the plug on my second race last night, despite making the front group of 6 in the 48 lap scratch, and being one of three primary contributors to our pace. Other three were pulling up track after a 1/4 lap or less. Still, I felt a bit drained, but it was nice to put on a little show for my wife, sister in law and niece who wanted to watch me race.

On Thursday, I got the OK from my boss to leave early and ride up ~35 mi to North County for the "Vista Crits" informal race series. Killer rectangle course with a big hill each lap, steep enough to be under 20 MPH by the top. My parents will come watch me and I'll stay at home up there before riding into work the next morning.

And that's a wrap folks! This weekend I will be doing the first of more than a few hikes in preparation for my mountaineering trip in late August. Some jogging, loaded stair case reps and stuff like that. I see myself continuing to do track on Tuesdays till I actually start to lose fitness in a month or so, but otherwise just bike commuting surrounding my backpacking trip preparation activities.

No 5-6 hour rides in July and August! Maybe a 3 ish hour ride once a week if that. Looking forward to the change in pace. And the beach (body surfing)! That too.
Likes For TMonk: