Bikes: Canyon Endurace, Merckx liege 75, Cinelli Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Why? Why eliminate coffee?

(We’ll get to the alcohol later.)
Had a few GI issues and rosacea and the worst sleep. I started an elimination diet a few years ago and never thought that coffee was part of the problem. I been drinking strong coffee for about 40 years daily. I dont drink soft drinks - rarely.
From my elimination diet my health improved, but still had some bloating and could not get restful sleep. Now, about 35 days without caffeine - I feel much better, sleep is amazing.
I am not going to be without coffee forever, just for now.
Quoting Michael Pollan. who quit coffee for 3 months and wrote a book:
Pollan's new audiobook, Caffeine,explores the science of caffeine addiction and withdrawal — and the broader impact that coffee and tea have had on the modern world. Caffeine, he says, is a powerful drug that alters the brain in surprising ways.
"I think the word 'addiction' has a lot of moral baggage attached to it," he says. "As [Johns Hopkins researcher] Roland Griffiths told me, if you have a steady supply of something, you can afford it and it's not interfering with your life, there's nothing wrong with being addicted."
these quotes are from NPR article which I just searched for, not a big supporter of NPR. Here is the link back to the article NPR article
Likes For sshakari: