Old 07-23-21, 10:31 AM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Liked 1,321 Times in 673 Posts
Originally Posted by rbrides
Are there any bike forum members who have ridden a Specialized Diverge on a multi-day bikepacking trip?
I welcome anyone with first-hand experience riding any gravel bike on a multi-day bikepacking trip. I am not a MTBer and some routes I intend to tour included sections of MTB single track. Of course its all a matter of degree, in my opinion, as to how much "underbiking" is wise by loading my diverge with 20+ lbs of gear. I've fitted the bike with Specialized Rhombus 42mm tires on 700c wheels but the conventional wisdom seems to be to use a hard tail Mt bike with lots more tire.
I have done a few long-distance multi-day trips with my Diverge. Did a 1-month long ramble from Lisbon to Girona as well as a long-distance trip through South East Asia and other similar trips. Diverge worked out great with no issues however it is a more flexible Carbon layup so packing lightly would be recommended. If stiffness is desired with a correspondingly harsher ride especially if unloaded get a steel or titanium frame.
Likes For Atlas Shrugged: