View Single Post
Old 04-01-21, 05:13 PM
jma1st3r
Scrubby duff

Bikes: Kona JTS, Norco Sasquatch 07(had), Giant Fastroad SLR 17(had)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I just have no reference for fit on the trainer indoors. What little I do, I don't do like I would on the bike in the great outdoors. Usually indoors I'm sitting up without hands on the bars for 45 min to an hour and pedal about 80 rpm at a low resistance. I have no interest at doing anything more.

So when several ask about fit, and I miss the part about them being on a trainer or forget that later, then it bothers me because I don't know if bike fit outdoors really is the same as bike fit indoors.
Its within 1cm front axle vs back. Ballpark level. Looking for a book thats just right to shim the front .

Originally Posted by alo
I found the having the correct saddle height is beneficial. I have been getting fitter, and riding longer distances, which has resulted in my knees getting a little sore after several long rides. I raised the saddle slightly, which resulted in an improvement in my knees.

I saw somewhere on the internet that your leg should be straight when your heel is on the pedal, and the pedal is at the bottom. Then you ride with your foot further back on the pedal. I set up my bike for to be most comfortable, and it just happened to turn out the same as this.
Thx. I do watch the saddle height. Its 5-10mm taller than 109% method. (79 inseam). I am curious tho of the alignment as my flat pedal stance was quite wide

*and i have been trying m520 since late Feb

​​​​​**20mm pedal extender came in, i will see how that goes.

Last edited by jma1st3r; 04-06-21 at 01:07 PM.