View Single Post
Old 10-16-21, 11:29 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
Ripple - Cheap "Bum Wines"

Originally Posted by nlerner
Given what I see in the valuation forum, I thought it was Ripple.
Bum Wines or Wino Wines... 13% to 20% ABV fortified, sweetened, sometimes flavored "wines".

Ripple while only 11% ABV was a fruit flavored carbonated beverage reputed to be made of grapes. Because of it's popularity among the youth and winos in the US, at one time it became E & J Gallo Winery's largest selling product.

Ripple and Ginger Ale = Cham-Pipile!

Then there was the all time favorite Thunderbird - 20% ABV for less than a US dollar a bottle. Add some red color and it became Nite Train (proximity to rail yards). "Gets you through the night on time"

The all time Official Cycling Wine should be Mogen David 20/20 nostalgically referred to as MAD DOG 20/20...

The advantage of those inexpensive wines is they taste good - BOTH WAYS!

What's a NY gal's favorite winter time wine? "Take Me to MY-AM-EE"

For those of you members from the UK, OZ and NZ, think PLONK or PLUNK!

verktyg Currently imbibing some 2019 Zynthesis Zinfandel... One of BevMo's house wines, ~$10 USD a bottle. When they have sales, the second bottle is $0.05!

My moto is usually "Life is too short to drink cheap wine" but... for everyday swill, I enjoy a bargain.

Chas. ;-)

Last edited by verktyg; 10-16-21 at 11:51 PM.
Likes For verktyg: