Old 06-27-22, 03:09 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9656 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I reckon you are right. I observed the same dynamic in Asheville NC and even in Metro Philly vs. Central PA.
The DFW area is a huge melting pot of different races, religions, sexual preferences, cultures, etc.

I've mentioned before that our suburb is about 1/3 each of white, Hispanic and black, and I don't ever see any type of racial discrimination or profiling. That's not saying it's not happening, but it is not very open or obvious. I don't ever hear our black friends complaining about it. Our neighborhood is pretty affluent and also very mixed - just on our street you will find 6 white households, 3 black households, 1 Kalifornians (they deserve their own distinction ), 1 Black/Asian couple, 1 Baptist who goes by Weinstein, 2 Hispanic households, and 1 Vietnamese family. The rest of the neighborhood is much the same. Our kids went to an elementary school where the students came from families that spoke 26 different native languages. Gay or straight - no big deal.

Dallas has been very Democratic for a while, and Fort Worth seems to be moving in that direction. It'll be interesting to see what the latest news does to that.