Old 02-09-21, 08:44 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 951 Posts
I can't hoard all the fun, but I try. Yes I bought the Medici as part of my now monthly binge buys. Saturday was not the first time I trying to get the frame. Said frame was at the University of Washington and was advertised on Craigslist as one of seven bike frames, no prices, about a month ago. I contacted to buy the one and volunteered to take the rest to Bikeworks, nogo to slow.

I did pull the Medici from the heap of frames amassed, along with a Bottechia, with the sole intent of being a placeholder for the humble RoS.

Well, we knew the the stem rusted stuck and with a clamp a tad of effort we go the stem to shift, no hack saw on the Cinelli. No evil saw, Which I generously volunteered to extract if muscle did not.

For stem removal I do have some resource. The local Road Warrior (I kid you not) has a deep throat vise available. Being the Road Warrior I was hesitant to bring frame and company. He has quite the hobble mostly Fords, a Chevy, various motorcycles and a countless number of Schwinn and Ralieghs.

The RoS was the brute of brutes that have ever bruted. The stem was dispatched, all I can say better him than I. Our host was impressed was laughing the whole time. OMG we trashed the vise mount.
Likes For Mr. 66: