Old 03-20-21, 09:50 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,217 Times in 2,364 Posts
Originally Posted by waddo
Perhaps "most people aren't," but this is a bike touring specific question and I think here most people are. And I have wild camped ll over the world for more than 40 years and recommend it to everyone who understands leave no trace camping.
You missed the point. Most people aren’t “leave no trace” campers. That includes people who bicycle and backpack to remote areas. Parties and bad behavior happen outside of campgrounds here in Colorado (and other areas I’ve camped in) as do incidences of people doing the opposite of “leaving no trace”. Honestly, I can camp in a campground and leave as little trace as you can by stealth camping. In reality, I leave less trace because I don’t leave reminders of my stay. I may leave traces in an outhouse but that is easily removed and properly processed. Volunteers don’t have to go out and clean up after me.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!