Old 04-27-21, 11:00 PM
helfrederick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Summer Touring in WA near Seattle

Hello all!

I'm planning a low-key biking/camping trip from Seattle to the San Juan Islands. I have only been to Seattle once before (10 years ago) and only for a day so I would love any advice from those of you with more Seattle experience.

I mapped out a route from Seattle to the Anacortes Ferry Terminal. 20-30 miles per day....we are taking it easy. Planning to stay at the hiker/biker sites at Manchester State Park, Kitsap Memorial Park, Fort Worden State, and Deception Pass. Then we will camp on San Juan Island/Orca Island for a few nights before heading back to Seattle and taking the Amtrak home to Los Angeles.

I'm a bit stumped about how to get back to Seattle. I was hoping to take the Amtrak Cascade and just bring my bike on the train, but it doesn't seem to be running. I know Bolt Bus is an option but they seem to require boxing the bike which I want to avoid. Any tips or general advice? Is there a good route from the ferry back to Seattle that isn't too demanding? I'm bringing my coworker (first-time camper + bike tourer) on the trip and I personally haven't biked in a year!

Many thanks!

PS: Is there anyway around the 10 posts in order to add a link/photo? I would love to post the route here to see if the roads google suggested are alright.
**I posted this in the NW Region section too, but not much traffic there!