View Single Post
Old 06-12-21, 07:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by MJH
Doesn’t anyone on this forum have one? I know that vegan works at a bike shop and pushes the big names. That’s fine, but I’m looking for some hands on responses. It’s at a local shop for me & would come with local support. I will continue to ride my Specialized with the Dillenger kit most of the time, but can travel more easily with the Scootstar. And my wife can ride it when we ride together. I would rather not wait for an ordered ebike.
I do push reliable known quantity bikes with good support and warranty behind them, sure some of them are big names but not always Note I recommended getting a Batch (Huffy) for close to the same cost and it has Bosch . If you are set on getting one, get one and good luck. It doesn't seem like anyone here has one and probably for good reason,

Look at the odd battery that I have never seen anywhere and look at the quality of components on it. If you find that is worth it to you to spend $1900 for 7 speed components, mechanical disc brakes, a non-common battery and a less efficient hub drive, go for it. However for only $200 more I can get a reliable Bosch mid-drive with easily found batteries, hydraulic disc brakes, 8 speed components (not great but a step up from 7 speeds) from a slightly more recognized brand. I can go into most shops and get service for Bosch, a lot of shops don't want to work on the kit bikes and hub drives. I am not supporting Huffy but over a complete no-name brand that has worse components, yeah Huffy or "Batch" it is.