View Single Post
Old 07-30-21, 11:19 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 259 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
I believe that the best thing to do is to ignore nutrition studies and continue to do what works for us as individuals...Nutrition science is too confusing and contradictory.
Not at all, but it's also important to understand that the science that those studies evaluate is constantly advancing. Notions of what is the perfect human diet have changed over the years. I believe it was as early as 2016 that the Nobel prize was awarded for mapping out the process of Autophagy. Possibly, IMHO, some of the best info we can gain about nutrition science is looking into the diet and lifestyle of the healthiest and longest lived population segments from all around the globe, and even then specific genetics will determine outcomes likely as much as any other factor. Lots of factors play into overall health. Some people have specific needs that require deviation from the norm. That doesn't make what they do wrong. It can make it right for them specifically.

Maybe I'm just a bit older and more cynical than some, but I've seen science change too much over the years to think otherwise. If there is one thing I am sure of today is that anytime anyone thinks they have it all figured out, you can be sure that they don't.