Old 06-23-21, 12:13 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
When I resumed cycling in 2015, riding a comfort hybrid and wore casual clothes, I swore I'd never return to wearing those tighty wool jerseys and shorts with chamois and shoes with cleats and toe clips.

And I didn't. Nope. When I got my first road bike in 30+ years in 2017, I bought tighty Lycra and Spandex jerseys and padded shorts and bibs, and clipless shoes. Because it turned out to be functional.

And when I resumed jogging last autumn, for the first time in nearly 40 years, I swore I'd never return to wearing shorty shorts and sleeveless t-shirts.

And I didn't. Until February, when I added some real running shoes to the clot of gear. And shorty shorts. And sleeveless tees.

Once in awhile I tell myself I'm just going for a casual 5 mile walk. So I wear baggy shorts down to my knees. Then after warming up for a mile or so I decide to jog a little. And every time the baggy shorts restrict my leg movement I swear I'm just gonna wear shorty shorts every time, just in case I change my mind and decide to run.

I'm still on the verge of losing all sense of shame and wearing snug compression tights for runs on days when my hip is aching. Maybe after I lose 5 lbs.

Gotta let that Pre flag fly sometimes.

Likes For canklecat: