View Single Post
Old 08-26-21, 10:59 AM
corkyflad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Raced at the velodrome again last night. I feel better and more comfortable each week. Performance is still atrocious. Especially with there being such a low turnout that they have been running 3's and 4's together. I'd downgrade if I could but even the 5's have state masters road champions in there... because everyone has to start somewhere.

Quite honestly I don't know how we keep a single person racing who isn't already trained to near their max potential for their first race or is simply a physical specimen.

Anyway we got 5th or 6th in the state Madison championships. Depends on whether there was 5 or 6 teams.

As someone who started racing at 40, I can relate to what you are saying about wanting to keep racing when you get you butt kicked all of the time. For me, what keeps me coming back is that I actually improve even though it doesn't show in the results. I went 2 for 3 for not getting dropped this year, with one of the races being a ToAD race. At my age and stage in my race career, that is like winning to me.

Last edited by corkyflad; 08-26-21 at 11:02 AM. Reason: removed a typo
Likes For corkyflad: