Old 09-19-20, 12:46 AM
spank226

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
A newborn "geep" (goat or sheep) on Christmas Day 1995 in Sicily. My best friend Paul and I were out on a ride and we heard what sounded like a crying baby. Both of us were like, "Do you hear that?" and we circled back and listened until we zeroed in on the sound coming from a drainage ditch. "It's baby Jesus!" we said. "We need to find baby Jesus!" Then there he/she was, still with an umbilical cord attached. We were like, "We can't leave Geep Jesus out here in a ditch" and looked around and found a small wood crate that we were able to put the newborn geep in which I then just set on the top of the handlebars of my Trek 2300 (That goodness I had a long 150mm stem!) and kind of braced it between by forearms and pinched my elbows in to hold it while we pedaled back towards town. Paul ended up calling someone he knew who said he'd take the geep and add it to his herd.

I have pics somewhere. THAT was kind of a surreal moment when we were hearing what we thought was a crying baby on Christmas morning...
Likes For spank226: