View Single Post
Old 09-14-22, 12:34 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4839 Post(s)
Liked 7,830 Times in 3,710 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
"Is anything worn under the kilt?"
"Nae, lass! It's all good as new!!!"

So, you didn't make any jokes about, "Shouldn't you be riding a step-through frame?" or such like?

The Older Boy's then-girlfriend either convinced him to buy a kilt, or bought him one. He liked it, and for a while he wore it a lot. Then she broke up with him, and it's languished in his closet since. To be fair, though, he wasn't heartbroken by the breakup, because the relationship itself was more traumatic.
I am careful not to ask too many questions about a man and his kilt. I do not want to be surprised by a swinging shillelagh. This particular kilt-clad gentleman seemed to be quite fit and strong, and type that a soft-edged sort of fellow like myself probably should not poke fun at until a solid friendship is established.

A kilt does seem like an awfully comfortable and practical bit of attire for longing around the house. Since I'm on the verge of having a kid-free residence, maybe it's time to explore my Scottish roots.