View Single Post
Old 09-24-22, 10:31 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10248 Post(s)
Liked 11,601 Times in 5,946 Posts
On last night's ride, when it started it was in the mid 80s, but I passes through some places where the temps got down to 73. Those felt almost chilly. I must be fairly well acclimated, which is good because there's still a week of September and then all of October to go with potential for temps in the 90s and 100s here. At least the days are short.

I TRIED to keep to a recovery pace last night, after really hammering on Thursday, but sometimes it's hard to hold back. I did manage to keep it all at Tempo or below. The race I rode the other night - 35 minutes, basically, was all higher than Tempo. 90% Threshold, according to Strava. No wonder I couldn't hold on. This was the pace I used to ride in the Crits, but for twice the time! I thought I was doing okay, riding with a group of 4 other riders, mostly sitting in but sometimes on the front. Then at the start of the next-to-last lap, one of them dialed it up from 2.5 w/kg to 3 and they left me for dead. I dunno - more Sweet Spot? I was responding okay to surges, but couldn't hold 3+ w/kg for very long.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: