Old 09-27-22, 06:58 PM
KiwiDallas

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 21 Posts
Additional color: From the first six weeks of this mess:

- My engineering and science friends all said: If I were Specialized and heard the circumstances, learned about the owner, and saw the picture: I'd immediately want the frame back to see if there's a continuing problem in the fab/ layup process at the Taiwan factory - and whether other bikes from the same run (based on their serial numbers) had the same problems. That's basic manufacturing QC.

Instead, Spec dragged its feet and wanted my frame back only after 6 or 7 weeks of arguing with my LBS, before they'd send a replacement.

- My lawyer friends pointed out: You and Spec were very lucky the frame didn't break apart while you were riding, say, 30 mph downhill. That's a massive personal injury lawsuit. Why wouldn't Spec want to examine the frame immediately to determine if there's a QC problem and several dozen other frames might crack and injure their riders? That's just basic general-counseling.

- My friend in sales and retail all said: Good for your LBS but what on earth is wrong with this manufacturer, that they'd try to stiff a longtime customer like you? In this day and age of social media?

=K
Likes For KiwiDallas: