View Single Post
Old 10-03-22, 11:25 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10414 Post(s)
Liked 11,875 Times in 6,082 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
It's a sure sign of fall when datlas is considering taking the Reynolds Crabon wheels off for the year and going to his Psimet2001 hand-built aluminum clinchers.
It's reaching that weird time of year, when y'all Back East are wearing jackets and leg warmers if not actual tights, and I'm still wearing short sleeve jerseys and looking forward to another month of warm, dry riding.

My transition to living back there will be difficult.

I had a discussion with Mrs. GJ this weekend. She was saying that she's worried that people from Florida will move to Buffalo to escape climate change. I said if they're trying to escape hurricanes, they'll move to North Carolina or other Southern states because so many of them LEFT the North East specifically to get away from the cold. Take my sister, for example. Southern New Jersey was too cold for her, and she's now gone through 2 big hurricanes hitting within 50 miles of her. I can't see her moving anywhere cold.

Then we discussed how cold it actually is. I said, "Crawl into the freezer downstairs, and then realize that's a WARM day in Buffalo in February!", plus I mentioned the 7 feet of snow a year. She said, "You'll be retired! Why would you need to leave the house?" I said, "What if one of us needs an ambulance?"

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles