View Single Post
Old 11-22-21, 08:10 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
Nothing too special or exciting or lengthy. My part time job running Dads free Uber service ensured that I had small chunks of time Saturday. Smaller than I would do a road ride in but enough that I decided to hop on my fat bike for my very first fat bike ride. It was a short ride to Prospect Hill Park. The main road and side trails were providing a nature experience to more dog walkers than I cared to count or remember. I learned a few valuable lessons about fat biking. It is fun. It is slow on a whole new scale. Fast and fat bike aren’t too likely to be used in the same sentence. The wide treaded tires vibrated my but in ways I wasn’t prepared for. Dry leaves are as slippery as wet leaves. Most obstacles like largish rocks, tree limbs and undulating terrain can be rolled right over instead of weaving through. Slipping downhill towards rocks on dry leaves is a perfect time to panic. I am excited to think of the new experiences I will be able to have now. In all it was only about 5 miles. Not an actual ride but an opportunity to get to know the bike.
I'll bet you're looking for new places to ride?
Likes For rumrunn6: