Old 03-01-22, 05:28 AM
yaw
should be more popular

Bikes: 22 Emonda

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 84 Posts
I know we probably live half a world or so apart but given the experience I had with bikes purchased from Trek dealers here, these are my recommendations:

1. Get a professional bike fit within your grace period to ensure you have the correct size frame based on your leg/upper body length and not just your height on a chart. I needed a smaller frame size despite consulting two sales people about it.
2. Get a torque wrench and check all bolts, I had a loose rear axle (!) on one, to the point where it would initially visibly snap together when I torqued it up, loosely installed pedals on another. Check every bolt and tighten to specs.
3. Download the front and rear derailleur manuals and check/set it up based on the manual.

To point 2, the thing you started the thread about - I only use it in my spare kit to undo a wheel on the road. Use the torque wrench to do your wheels up to the specified 10NM (I do 9.5) and just make sure that you are fine undoing those with the lever on the road. If not, adjust it as high as you can undo with a bit of effort.