Old 04-08-15, 08:39 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
First, it's Spain. That kind of stuff totally doesn't surprise me for Spain. Spain is the crap when it comes to getting stuff done right. 5 star hotel means the gap in the door frame going into your room is only 2-3" on one corner (and 0" on the other corner). Red light means the next 5 cars go. Etc.

Second, at least park a ****ing car in front of the barricades, have a moto stand in front with a flag/whistle/something. Riders will look for large immovable objects, not small immovable ones. Bouncing off a car or something would be better than hitting a pole.

The organizers should be crucified for having those poles bare and exposed like that.

It reminds me of when a cameraman, not familiar with pro racing, planted himself about 5 feet into the road on the outside of the final curve of a flatter/sprint stage. The guy that almost hits him does well to miss and then stops pedaling and looks back like "wtf are you doing in the road?!". Tour Du Pont. I think any collision would have been softer but still, it wasn't a good call on the cameraman's part.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson