Old 03-27-20, 12:54 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,297 Times in 3,632 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandstrom
WOW, nice you got it right. That has to be the most overall proportionally pleasing large frame I've ever seen. A large frame that doesn't end up looking like an awkward compromise in the final build. Bravo, well done!
Tx!

The magic of it was all Dave, he has probably built a more diverse range than many, this was a cakewalk for him, he knows exactly what he is doing as we can see here.

I did do a smart thing by taking the two bikes I did for the fitting that Andy told me to get (no he doesn't do them himself ), I took the BG that is only a 60 and some a bit odd criterium like geometry and the big silver Merz that is a 66. Dave was amazed that I had both of them set up so that I settled in to the exact same position on each while riding despite them being so different, he said that allowed him to zero in on a sweet spot that can be hard to find and is not always what you would think it would be. Both the bikes fly down the road for me very well yet are very different.