autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
quiet day on the Minuteman & saw a new sign

That's kind of ridiculous, and this is coming from a person who was wearing a mask to the store back at the end of March. But I guess it's also the reason why I've been staying away from the Minuteman as the weather got nicer. BTW, the path around Walden Pond now has Do Not Enter and One Way trail signs!

The ironic consequence of staying at home more has been... getting outside more and finding a number of good forest trails. For multiple reasons I've been staying closer to home and trying to find less-crowded outdoor spaces to peruse, mostly for walking. However, my mind has been working hard at trying to answer the question of "why couldn't I ride these on my bike?" With childcare and garden chores my mind hasn't been on road riding much, but I have gotten out a few times on some quality forest/conservation paths. The "Across" routes in Lexington, Great Brook Farm, Wright Woods west of Walden Pond, parts of Bay Circuit trail, and now some awesome paths in Lincoln near Sandy Pond, reachable without driving for me! Really excited, but still waiting for my order of Vittoria Terreno 2.1in MTB tires for a cushier ride (hope they'll fit!).

So far my encounters with people have seen 100% adherence to the mask etiquette.
Likes For autonomy: