View Single Post
Old 07-10-20, 08:58 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
Zwift virtual racing

I watched virtual race on Virtual Joe Martin Stage Race on https://www.cyclingnews.com/ and I have few questions which the race moderators assume 'everybody knows'...

What do racers see on their TV or laptop or phone, is that what is shown for us on the webpage video of the race, or maybe it is the same except for a given racer, it keeps view on his own group that he currently rides in? That is not switching among various split groups?

Does everybody in the race know where everybody else is positioned, maybe including time loss or gain if somebody escaped the pack or fell behind it?

I take it, all of them have at least some streaming view device, that you couldn't ride blind with only something like cyclocomputer display to feed you numerical race data, right? Maybe you could race with just the rank chart displayed like you see in the video stream on the right side of the view?

When it is not time trial (with drafting 'switched off', does everybody in the pack get the same drafting easement, except for the one whose front wheel is deemed to be the first in the pack? I take it, there is no simulated side wind or any such finesses, because the Zwift is not that sophisticated (and likely no program could)? Probably not even the head wind is simulated? But if it was simulated, it would make you think twice to try to escape from the pack...

If your dog trips on the power cable and you get disconnected, you qualify as 'not finished the race'? Or you could correct the situation and it would put you in the race at the place where you lost contact and you could chase the field? Like if a rider crashes in real race?

Last edited by vane171; 07-11-20 at 12:02 PM.