Old 07-31-23, 04:24 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26464 Post(s)
Liked 10,420 Times in 7,235 Posts
Originally Posted by UniChris

Those who wish to segregate bicycles on to such deadly and improper routes are actually building to perpetuate a car-dominate future where alternatives remain actively discouraged numerical minorities marginalized on the unsafe and inconvenient margins.

In contrast, if you actually believe that the future of transport is things less than cars, then the only way we're going to make that happen is to normalize the usage of bicycles and light electrified platforms as primary users of the roads themselves.

Surely you understand the fallacy of continuing to reserve the only safe and practical part of the transport network for the mode of usage which public policy needs to discourage and decrease?

Sadly, most who believe they are designing for a a bike-based future are instead cementing a car-based one where bikes remain toys for Sunday afternoon recreation.
...I think I get it now. You presume that the portion of our roadways used primarily by cars are the safe and practical portion of it.
I cannot even begin to address the fallacious nature of that. Google up the auto injury and fatality statistics when you get a chance.

The part you seem to be missing is the direct correlation between increased speeds and the severity of injury. I can't help you there. I don't teach physics.