View Single Post
Old 02-26-20, 09:43 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 2,807 Times in 535 Posts
Hello Jacek,

I hope 2020 is treating you well.

I have just acquired a new to me Merckx frame. It's a MX Leader with MXL tubing in the Domo Farm Frites colours. Team frites, that's my kind of team

I think its one of the later ones as it has the Merckx logo stamped at the top of the seat stays, and also has cable guides on the side of the head tube. That's all I know about, so I'd be very grateful if you are able to provide any further info.

I have seen other Domo Farm Frites bikes that appear to have different logos on the downtube and seat tube, but I prefer this one as the seat tube and down tube lettering are in the same font. Another one I saw online has a slightly different pattern on the fork, but I don't know the reasons for the subtle differences between these frames and wondered if you did.

Some pics.

And here's the bottom bracket, the letters and numbers on the right side are clearly D and 9602 but I can't quite make out the code on the left side. I thought it was D but having looked more closely and on zoom it looks like it might me P.

Thanks in advance for any further information you can provide.
regards
Dan