Old 05-09-21, 08:30 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I'm posting a link to a CTS article about subject which comes up in this forum from time to time. What particularly interested me is that I do all my outdoor training in a hilly area, and I use the principles outlined in the article anyway, like focus on holding high effort for long periods, stand more than I need to, worry about getting high TSS per unit time and weight will take care of itself. And I use the gym rather than wait for riding lots to make me strong. I'd rather be strong to begin with.

https://trainright.com/cycling-train...nt-have-hills/

We did a couple long hard climbs yesterday on the tandem. The sorest thing this morning was my obliques, from reefing on the bars during short max OOS efforts. Side planks.

I have no connection to CTS other than subscribing to their email articles.
I trained for the Mt Diablo Challenge with a heavy rotation of 2x20’s into the wind. I would try to sit up on the tops of the bars, to practice the climbing position and to catch more wind.

edit:

This increases FTP. But what got me the sub-hour t-shirt was 8 weeks of no cookies, no candy, no fries, no chips, no soda. The denominator is just as important.

Last edited by caloso; 05-09-21 at 10:00 PM.