Old 04-18-23, 09:27 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 917 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
Yesterday I found a smashed cell phone. It was on, but the touch screen had been reduced to rubble by traffic. I tried for a while to figure out what carrier it was or if I could call any contacts with the voice assistant. But it was locked. I waited for a call and only got one, from a bank who would give me no info who they were trying to contact.

I thought it might be a Verizon phone because I could make out the word "Wireless" on the screen. Today I took it to a Verizon store. I forewent a ride because the Verizon store is in the opposite direction from work. Friends let me tell you those guys do not want to deal with a lost phone that isn't theirs. I think they probably don't want to deal with a phone that is theirs but this gives them an out. They popped out the SIM card, which was bare of logos, and then told me to take it to the police station.

At the station, the lady at the front desk took it no questions asked except where and when did you find it.

I feel like I tried to do a good deed and had the ancient mariner's albatross for a day instead
Thank you for trying.