Thread: Tips and Tricks
View Single Post
Old 11-18-15, 05:10 PM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Another tip ...

Rather than buying bags of uncooked oatmeal to make breakfast with (which oddly seems to be a favorite among cycle-tourists), and going through all the hassle in the morning of starting up the stove, cooking the oatmeal, and then washing out the cooking tins with the oatmeal that has turned to glue stuck to them . . . buy bags of ready-to-eat granola with the fruit and nuts in it. It is a little bit more expensive, but so much less hassle. In the morning, all you need to do is to add some milk (if you want, you could eat it without), add any extra ingredients you might have, such as honey or more fruit ... and when you're done a quick rinse and the tins are clean.
To add to and modify Matchka's post I go with Peak brand whole milk in powdered form. Add it to the oatmeal granola before the tour, add water when ready to eat, and you are done. Make sure you get the whole milk
otherwise it's not even worth the effort, as low or no fat doesn't taste like anything. I also use it for my coffee.

Last edited by Ridefreemc; 11-25-16 at 05:23 PM.