View Single Post
Old 10-17-19, 08:00 AM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mrz80
Make it about three miles and my. seat. post. CRACKS. Saddle's flopping back and forth and all around. WHAT?!!! Guess after 28 years I hit the fatigue limit on the aluminum there. Off to scare up a new seatpost.

I had noticed my saddle was a little loose on my Miyata for a couple of rides (you know, the cussing of starting a ride and remembering something needs tweaking). Finally remembered to look at it pre ride and found the SR Laprade seatpost was split, not as bad as yours, the SR 2 piece is pinned to prevent rotation and the outer post was splitting at the pin. I was irritated because I like the look of a fluted seatpost, but it turns out SR made them in 2 piece and 1 piece so I was able to find one on fleabay with flutes and the right diameter.

Yesterday's ride was cut short by a pretty viscous rainstorm. I had an eye on the weather, but I got delayed getting out of the office. I would have had a 15MPH tailwind if I could have made it to the turn before the skies opened up, but I did not and wound up riding in a downpour with a 15MPH crosswind and lightning so I bailed at a gas station and waited for my wife to go by on her way home.