Old 12-31-20, 10:18 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
Worse yet - flashing headlights. When did headlights become a warning sign instead of a way to light the road ahead of you? Very distracting to everyone approaching them. Also flashing tail lights.

A flashing light should be limited to emergency vehicles and people emergency situations, such as a car broken down at the side of the road.

The Germans have it figured out - I understand they're outlawed there.
I flash front and rear. Daytime only. (At night, all the light, all the time.)
1. I don’t need vision, I need visibility. If you see me, good. Coming or going.
2. When someone falls back from our group, I’m the sweeper; it’s a a lot easier to see them if they’re flashing.
3. When I pull them back, especially to a strung out group, we can see them up ahead. Visibility.
4. Our new Cliqs will synchronized their flashes....again, increased visibility.
5. Our new Cliqs also act as brake lights, and drivers see me/us slowing....broken record time.

As for Germans, or Swedes or Belgratzians.
Germans listen more to drivers than cyclists. So do Italians and Argentinians and maybe even Samoans.
Just like the U.S. Politics, cronyism, corruption, pick one or all.
They are not smarter or advanced or more honest or less corrupt or less political than other people just because they are German or European or Japanese or Antarctican. The track record there is not all that good. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Anything else is purely mythical. Ascribing some kind of extra wisdom to any group of people or country is inane, inaccurate, and only satisfies some false elitist sense of something approaching vicarious superiority. Like a Rachel Maddow monologue.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 12-31-20 at 11:03 PM.