Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Such amazing work here...

Have yet to build a complete frame but have been put to work at Arvon Cycles as an apprentice and was told that one day I will inherit the business... seems that we have really hit it off and working with a master builder is amazing.

Arvon Stacey is 75 years old and has been building custom touring bikes, tandems, and single bikes for 30 years... he figures he has another 20 years to teach me what I need to know.

We do a lot of repair, restoration, and custom work in addition to building complete frames and bicycles (it pays the bills) and have been taking orders... my experience as a bike mechanic and fitter really helps and I know my way around a shop.

Yesterday I started modifying my vintage folder by adding brake mounts for cantis and today worked on refitting a vintage tandem with new brake mounts, cable guides, and new rear dropouts.

It is nice to know the boss trusts you to work on custom frames as I have been doing... expect that my first bike will roll out in a few months and until then will be working on whatever needs working on.

Most of the work we do is filet brazing...